I. BASIC FUNCTION
To supervise and participate, where needed, to ensure that all crew changes are planned and executed to keep our fleet fully staffed in the most efficient and cost effective manner. To recommend innovative changes to enhance the performance of the Crew Dispatch function.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight to ensure vessels are adequately manned based on operational needs.
- Co-Develop and administer deckhand advancement/Steersman development programs.
- Assist in the development of skills, leadership, and professional training of crew and licensed mariners.
- Establish and maintain positive employee relations and communications with entire workforce.
- Provide assistance to crew members seeking guidance with licensing, either new or for upgrades.
- Responsible for ensuring the most efficient and appropriate means of transportation are utilized for all crew changes.
- Oversee execution of payroll to ensure accuracy of all payments to vessel employees.
- Manage and participate in on-call rotation.
- Coordinate timely approval and payment of all employee expense reports and invoices due.
- Provide input and suggestions to enhance operating efficiencies.
- Manage the Crew Dispatch team to achieve the internal standards of professionalism, efficiency and flexibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Carryout the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct & Mission of Canal Barge Company, Inc. and Illinois Marine Towing.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
- The Crewing Supervisor is appointed by and reports to the Marine Superintendent.
- All Crewing Coordinators report to the Crewing Supervisor
IV. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with experience in related field; Associates degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Maritime experience preferred
- Excellent Computer Skills