I. BASIC FUNCTION
Carry out the operations of cleaning liquid tank barges while maintaining a safe and productive atmosphere.
1. Performing all aspects of liquid barge cleaning work including prepare/check equipment, enter and exit barges, use cleaning equipment.
2. Utilize hand tools such as pressure washers, mechanical spinners, or brushes to effectively clean the tank barges.
3. Maintain a clean and safe working environment that complies with environmental guidelines and policies.
4. Stay compliant with all regulatory bodies as it applies to the work that is being completed and with all safety rules and policies.
5. Utilize proper PPE while cleaning tank barges.
6. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
7. This position may involve travel to multiple locations.
8. Carry out and the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and Mission of Illinois Marine Towing and Canal Barge Company, Inc.
IV. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· Extensive hands-on experience in liquid barges cleaning, familiar with pumps, compressors, gauges and tanks
· High school education or equivalent required
· Ability to properly gauge tanks
· valid Drivers License; CDL preferred but not required
· TWIC Card
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical requirements of the job include climbing ladders and stairs, repetitive bending and stooping, lifting heavy marine equipment, and lifting objects from various levels ranging from 10-100 pounds. Ability to work outdoors in all elements during all seasons.
Illinois Marine Towing is a wholly owned subsidiary within Canal Barge Corporation, so you’ll experience the small company atmosphere with the benefits of a larger corporation. Our compensation package includes, outside of the competitive wage, full insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision & life, disability): 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit us at www.canalbarge.com or www.imtowing.com for more information about our company.