I. BASIC FUNCTION
Carry out the operations of cleaning liquid tank barges while maintaining a safe and productive atmosphere.
1. Performing all aspects of liquid barge cleaning work including prepare/check equipment, enter and exit barges, use cleaning equipment.
2. Utilize hand tools such as pressure washers, mechanical spinners, or brushes to effectively clean the tank barges.
3. Maintain a clean and safe working environment that complies with environmental guidelines and policies.
4. Stay compliant with all regulatory bodies as it applies to the work that is being completed and with all safety rules and policies.
5. Utilize proper PPE while cleaning tank barges.
6. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
7. Carry out the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and mission of Canal Barge Company, Inc.
8. This position may involve travel to multiple locations.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Liquid Barge Technician reports to the Tank Barge Operations Manager.
IV. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· Possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Adequate hands-on experience in liquid barges cleaning preferred.
· Ability to properly gauge tanks, with working knowledge of pumps and compressors.
· Demonstrate the ability to employ all safety practices and manage risk.
· Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical requirements of the job include climbing ladders and stairs, repetitive bending and stooping, lifting heavy marine equipment, and lifting objects from various levels ranging from 10-100 pounds. Ability to work outdoors in weather such as rain, snow, and very hot and cold temperatures.
Illinois Marine Towing is a wholly owned subsidiary within Canal Barge Corporation, so you’ll experience the small company atmosphere with the benefits of a larger corporation. Our compensation package includes, outside of the competitive wage, full insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision & life, disability): 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit us at www.canalbarge.com or www.imtowing.com for more information about our company.