Illinois Marine Towing / Canal Barge Company Inc.
Shipyard - Welder
I. BASIC FUNCTION
Responsible for all aspects of welding work.
1. Performing all aspects of welding work including prepare/check equipment.
2. Welding of steel barges and ships.
3. Stick welding-6010, 7018 and 7024.
4. Safely operate heavy equipment and follow all safety policies and procedures.
5. Perform other jobs within the shipyard as required to assist in meeting business demands.
6. Staying compliant with all regulatory bodies as it applies to the work that is being completed and with all safety rules and policies.
7. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
8. Carry out the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and mission of Canal Barge Company, Inc.
9. This position will involve travel to multiple locations.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Welder reports to the Shipyard Services Manager.
IV. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· Possess a minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in stick welding, prior ABS certification preferred but not required.
· Demonstrate the ability to employ all safety practices and manage risk.
· Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Possess a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical requirements of the job include climbing ladders and stairs, repetitive bending and stooping, squatting and kneeling, lifting heavy marine equipment, and lifting objects from various levels ranging from 10-100 pounds. Ability to work outdoors in weather such as rain, snow, and very hot and cold temperatures.
Illinois Marine Towing is a wholly owned subsidiary within Canal Barge Corporation, so you’ll experience the small company atmosphere with the benefits of a larger corporation. Our compensation package includes, outside of the competitive wage, full insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision & life, disability): 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit us at www.canalbarge.com or www.imtowing.com for more information about our company.