Illinois Marine Towing / Canal Terminal Services
I. BASIC FUNCTION
Assist in the planning, execution, analysis, and cost management of all vessel crew changes, including the communication with, placement, orientation, and coordination of vessel personnel.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Crew Coordinator has the authority to fully perform all the responsibilities and duties assigned to this position.
1. Schedule and dispatch crewmembers and coordinate the most efficient and appropriate logistics of transportation, to get crewmembers on and off vessels.
2. Communicate crew change and any other pertinent operational information to employees, vessel captains, and operations in the most efficient manner.
3. Provide information to management for review of crew change issues and vessel employee turnover.
4. Assist in the orientation of new vessel employees.
5. Provide sea service support of employee development and steersmen program.
6. Participate in the on-call rotation.
7. Organize and participate in weekly crew change meetings.
8. Prepare and submit data for bimonthly processing of payroll. Meet established deadlines.
9. Maintain appropriate personnel and payroll records and documentation.
10. Review vessel logs daily to ensure fleet crew were on-time and present for crew change.
11. Help communicate the IMT culture, policies, procedure requirements, benefits, etc.
12. Assist in the implementation and data upkeep of automated crewing systems.
13. Provide input and suggestions to enhance operating efficiencies.
14. Elevate performance issues to the Marine Superintendent.
1. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
2. Carry out and the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and Mission of Illinois Marine Towing and Canal Barge Company, Inc.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Crew Coordinator reports to the Marine Superintendent.
IV. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred.
· Knowledge of any applicable USCG, state, and federal laws & regulations.
· Ability to be self-managed while working effectively as team to meet Company goals.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of marine work environment and crew coordinator position preferred.
· Must be available to work “on-call” on a rotational basis and as required.
· Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively with vessel employees, vessel operations, and HSSE.
· Strong Computer Skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and situations simultaneously.
Illinois Marine Towing is a wholly owned subsidiary within Canal Barge Corporation, so you’ll experience the small company atmosphere with the benefits of a larger corporation. Our compensation package includes, outside of the competitive wage, full insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision & life, disability): 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit us at www.canalbarge.com or www.imtowing.com for more information about our company.